Fairplay 2333 Spotify Follow

Monday, July 1, 2024

Megan Thee Stallion (@theestallion) - "MEGAN" (Album)

Hot Girl Summer is in full swing! On Friday, Megan Thee Stallion released her third studio album album, Megan, featuring 16 songs, including collaborations with Victoria Monét, GloRilla, and UGK. Megan marks the rap star’s first indie release and previously described her album in an interview with L’Officiel as a “rebirth.” “This is music I would like if I wasn’t Megan Thee Stallion,” she said in the interview. “I don’t want to say I’m tapping into other genres. I’m just tapping into other sounds. But it’s still very much Megan Thee Stallion. It won’t feel like I went so left. It’ll feel true to me. You’ll almost be like, ‘I wouldn’t have thought she would’ve rapped over that, but this sounds great.’” Among the tracks featured on the album are “Spin” with Victoria Monét, “B.A.S.” with Kyle Richh, “Paper Together” with UGK, and “Accent” with Hot Girl Summer opener GloRilla. “I’m really not focused on the negativity on my album. I have a lot of different songs on the album because my emotion doesn’t stop at anger,” she told L’Officiel. “My emotion doesn’t stop at sadness because I did grow and I did start feeling more things. I started feeling really happy. So you have songs on the album that are about the positive times that I’m starting to have. You get a little bit of everything.” The rapper has been teasing the LP for several months now and commenced the Megan era by releasing several snake-themed singles, starting with “Cobra” in November 2023. She followed that track in January with “Hiss” and “Boa” in May. “Hiss” made headlines early in the year after she seemed to diss Nicki Minaj’s convicted sex-offender husband when she rapped: “These ho’s don’t be mad at Megan, these ho’s mad at Megan’s Law.” Minaj quickly responded with “Big Foot,” where she accused the singer of “lying on her dead momma” about being shot in the foot by Tory Lanez in 2020. Meg’s “Hiss” reached No. 1 on Billboard‘s Hot 100. Megan follows the release of her last album under 1501 and 300 Entertainment, Traumazine, in 2022. She released Good News, her debut album, in 2020, followed by the compilation album Something for Thee Hotties in 2021. She also released her breakthrough EPs Tina Snow in 2018 and Suga in March 2020. Megan is next scheduled to perform in Atlanta on July 2 and wrap the U.S. run of her Hot Girl Summer tour on July 3 in Charlotte. She’ll then head to Europe for several dates before returning stateside for Lollapalooza and Broccoli City Festival. - via Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment